My Review of Centerpointe's Holysync Meditation

Having come from a very traditional background of meditation I used to scoff at the more modern and commercialized forms that I saw around. You know the kind: "meditate like a Zen monk" and all that.

Of course I'd never tried them back then but I like most of my friends and family had an opinion about it anyway.

About 5 years ago I saw it as my duty to go out and try these programs if only to debunk them, but to my surprise there was more here than meets the eye...

Centerpointe, the company that put out the "Zen monk advert" have produced a meditation cd that changes the brainwaves of the listener. I could appreciate that it did very quickly what can take a while to cultivate naturally.

The only problem is, while it allows a listener to go deep - it doesn't cultivate the same insight or tools to deal with what comes up.

Ironically this is what the original aim of meditation was (at least in my opinion!). It's about dealing with stuff - making life better. Not just relaxing or going deep!

Alright...it might seem like I'm just bagging this product, but there are some good points too. It does relax - to an extent.

It's a quick fix and sometimes people need a quick fix.

But for people who want to do deeper work and to find the real potential of meditation Centerpointe's Holosync will be put back on the shelf within the week. And if you by any chance are the spiritual type then don't even bother.
It doesn't give you squat regarding spiritual development.

I mean relaxation is a useful tool for some spiritual exercises - but it is the development of discipline to be able to do it yourself that provides the control and ultimately the mastery that a spiritual practitioner needs.

Holosync is a bit like saying "why fly a kite when I can just pop a pill?"

No comments: